Thursday, August 16, 2012

R.I.P Harley

Our poor dog Harley passed away early in the morning on August 10th.  He lived at my parents house because when we moved from cedar we couldn't have pets at our house.  My parents were generous enough to take care of him for us.  Kaden and I went out and visited Harley Aug. 7th and he seemed a little lethargic and I had noticed that there was throw up by his food bowl but I didn't think too much of it.  My mom called me that night and said that Harley hadn't really had an appetite for the past 4 days and she had noticed throw up in the dog cage.  I told her to text me in the morning how he was doing so i could decide if we needed to take him to the vet.  In the morning my mom said Harley was pooping blood and he still hadn't eaten anything.  Braden and I took him to the vet and the vet wasn't sure what it was but he didn't think it was too serious.  He gave us some pills to give him and he thought it should clear it up within a week.  Braden and I decided that even though we weren't allowed to have pets at our house that we would take him there to take care of him because I didn't want my mom to have to deal with a sick dog.  We had to force feed harley oat meal or whatever we could poor down his throat.   He wouldn't really drink either so we had to use a syringe to put fluid down his throat.  Thursday I thought he was doing better. He had more energy and he would drink water on his own.  When we woke up friday morning harley was dead in his kennel.  It was quite devastating because I thought he was doing better and the whole time we were taking care of him I never thought that he was going to die.  Braden and I didn't know what to do, but we did know that we had to take care of him before the sun came up and before it got too hot.  We had him loaded into the truck by 5 A.M. and braden's manager at UPS called him and told him he had to come in because they were short on people.  So Braden took harley with him to work because he had no choice.  We didn't get harley taken care of until 11 friday afternoon.  It was a very sad ending to harley's life but it is a bit comical that he had to go to work with Braden.  We still don't know for sure what happened to harley but from all the symptoms he was having it looks like he was poisoned.  Poor Kaden was so sad when he woke up and Harley wasn't at our house for him to play with.  When we go to my parents he still looks for him out the back window.  Braden and Kaden can't wait for the day we get another dog.  

1 comment:

  1. Aw that's so sad. I'm sorry guys! How disturbing having to find him too.. That's so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete