Friday, July 29, 2011

Kaden Davis Mitchell

I know this post is about 3 months late....but he is here!!! Kaden was born April 18, 2011 at 9:42 AM. He weighed 8 lbs 8 oz. and he was 21 in. long. He was as healthy as a horse!! We think he is the cutest little boy in the whole land! My labor story is slightly boring. I went in the 17th around 9 PM with very mild contractions...one might say i wasn't even having contractions i just wanted him here very badly. They hooked me up to the machine and sure enough...no contractions. the nurse said they would monitor me for an hour and see if they pick up. When the nurse left i repositioned myself in the bed cuz i was highly uncomfortable. When i moved the monitor slipped out of place and started picking up my heart rate which obviously is quite different then a babies. The nurse came in and said that she was watching the monitor and they babies heart rate dropped so they were going to start me! I knew that his heart rate didn't really drop, but i wasn't about going to stop them from starting me so i just smiled and said great where do i go!! i was in labor for a very long time. I thought it would have gone quicker because when i went in i was already at a 4 and 90% effaced. I didn't reach a 10 until about 6:30 the next morning and then we had to wait for my doctor to get there. I didn't start pushing until 9:15 and then he was out at 9:42. We are so happy he is here and he is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment